Welcome to Pet Viewpoint
Comments/Questions? Please feel free to contact me.
Copywriter Tricia Perry
If you have not subscribed —
Get Pet Viewpoint content delivered directly to your inbox weekly so you do not miss out on great recommended USA-made pet products and services and good researched articles on pet care for your pet birds, cats, dogs, and aquarium critters. You will find how to’s, lessons on pets, training tips, fun stories, and more.
DON’T MISS OUT!
Type your Email>>>
Pet Poison Prevention Awareness
The third full week in March is Pet Poison Prevention Awareness week. I have mentioned this in prior posts briefly including some links for good information as we should all be ‘up to snuff’ on this subject for our pets’ safety.
Here, again, is a partial list of good natural foods for our cats and our dogs separately, as well as a list of harmful foods for each.
For our Kitties:
Some good natural yummies include –
- Fish – tuna or mackerel – again, as a treat.
- Cooked poultry – no spices or other added ingredients.
- Cheese – gouda is high in calcium and protein.
- Bananas – a few otherwise too high in sugar content.
- Blueberries and strawberries – again as a treat.
- Melon – cantaloupe, or watermelon – no seeds.
- Carrots – cooked, again with no additives.
- Rice – a little for digestion is okay.
However, some harmfful foods for our felines include:
1. Onions, garlic, shallots, or chives.
2. Alcohol in any form or amount.
3. Grapes, raisins, currants – bad for kidney.
4. Caffeine – causes hyperactivity, possibly tremors or seizures.
5. Raw meat – possible parasites /bacteria.
6. Raw dough – yeast causes problems.
7. Raw eggs….need to be cooked (without any seasoning).
8.Raw seafood or raw liver – again bacteria.
10. Dog food – different nutritional needs
For our Doggos:
Some yummy natural foods for our dogs:
- Vegetables – Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash (cooked), green beans – note: no canned vegetables (too much salt added for pets) – use no seasonings!
- Fruits – Berries like blueberries, strawberries, apples, pears, kiwi – all in smaller bites.
- Cooked meat like chicken with no seasoning – smaller bites – NO small, brittle bones!
- A natural rawhide alternative treat.
- Frieze-dried treats made in the USA.
But many harmful foods for our canines are:
1.Chocolate / Alcohol / Caffeine.
2. No canned vegetables – too much salt for fur babies.
3. No grapes, raisins, or currants.
4. No onions, garlic, shallots, chives, or leeks.
5. No bones or hard chews = too hard on teeth.
6. No seasonings used in any cooked foods.
7. Raw foods – potential bacteria.
For more information check out Preventive Vets.com, a veterinarian group based out of Lake Forest Park, Washington who have many tips on caring for your fur pals. And another source for a more extensive list is Animal Health Foundation.org.
Remember to take a look at our good, healthy USA-made cat and dog foods available. A few for our kitty cats include –
DuckyWorld Products of Minnesota gives us organically-grown catnip toys.
Hauspanther for PrimeTimePetz.com of Texas offers freeze-dried single ingredient treats of chicken and beef liver and turkey heart, plus toppers.
ImperialCat.com of Arkansas makes Snackin’ Treats that are comprised of flowers, buds, and leaves.
And, how about the following for your furry dog pals –
Jones Natural Chews of Illinois offers us all natural beef, chicken, bacon, and turkey treats plus delicious bones to chew on.
Chipsnaturals.com by Kennelmaster Foods of Florida gives us single-ingredient dehydrated treats of beef, liver, and chicken all sourced in southern USA states.
MikaandSammys.com of Pennsylvania makes all natural human-grade gourmet dog treats of chicken, cheese, beef, surf and turf, and peanut butter, plus chews.
If you have a bird or an aquarium, check out my post on USA-made treats in “Delish Natural Treats Made in the USA“.
Pet Food Recalls
To keep yourself aware of these too often recalls go to the FDA.org site or sign up for Dog Food Advisor’s recall subscription.
On a happier note, see some funny animal videos:
Funny Animal Videos
First up from Big Geek Daddy is about smart dogs – https://biggeekdad.com/2020/09/clever-and-smart-dogs/.
Next, showing dogs meeting a kitten – https://biggeekdad.com/2020/05/dogs-meet-kitten/.
And last from Big Geek Daddy is about a fast moving kitty – https://biggeekdad.com/2022/06/fluffy-cat-runs-fast/.
So happy to have you come by my pet blog. Do come back often. Please do let your pet-loving family and friends know about Pet Viewpoint. Hit our free Subscribe button so you do not miss some great stories, good pet tips, and our best USA-made pet product and service recommendations.